- Date of Birth:
- January 19, 1987
- Quebec City, QC
- Current Residence:
- Quebec City, QC
Pierre-Yves Gigou started competing in triathlons in 2004. It soon became his passion, and now, his daily routine revolves around training for this sport. He is very interested in the field of training sciences, and recently completed a Master's Degree in Kinanthropology at University of Sherbrooke on hyper hydration and joggers' performance. He also coaches the Rouge et Or Triathlon Team at Laval University.
Pierre-Yves' constant progress is undoubtedly linked to his perseverance. As he is still young (26), he has a promising future ahead of him as a long distance athlete.
- In 2010, he ranked 4th in the Triathlon Sprint in Lac Beauport and Soulange, 5th in the Xtrail Asics, and 1st in his age group at the Cozumel Ironman, which qualified him for the Ironman Word Championship in Hawaii in October 2011.
- In 2011, Pierre-Yves took part in the Canadian Long Distance Championship, where he came in 4th. He also came in 4th at the Fjord Half-Ironman. He won the Triathlon Sprint in Québec and in Verdun and came in 2nd at the Soulange Olympic Triathlon. His main goal was the Ironman Word Championship in Hawaii, where he came in 4th in his age group (20-24), in 9:25. Three weeks later, he took part in the ITU World Long Distance Championship in Las Vegas, where he won the title of World Champion in his age group and finished 18th overall.
- In 2012, Pierre-Yves finished 8th at the 70.3 Mooseman, 6th at the Mont-Tremblant Ironman, and 48th at the Ironman Word Championship in Hawaii.
- In 2013, he finished 13th at the ITU World Long Distance Championships (Belfort, France) and won the Vendôme Long Distance Triathlon.
- His next goal, in October 2013, will be to win the title of World Ironman Champion in his age group.
"Triathlon is a particularly demanding sport. Some weeks, I train over thirty hours and push my body to its limits. I have always had a very fragile immune system where I usually get sick several times a year, which hinders my training. This is why I take two pouches of Immunocal Platinum daily during the peak of my training. It helps me to maintain a strong immune system and optimizes my performance.
Besides Immunocal, Immunotec provides me with several premium supplements. I regularly take Probiotics, not only to improve my digestive system, but also to help improve the absorption of micronutrients. I take Omega Gen V twice a day to improve my Omega-6/Omega-3 ratio. Since I do not eat dairy products, Immunotec's Calcium provides me with a source of quality calcium.
Immunotec is an integral part of my preparation, and has contributed to the great performances I have enjoyed since 2011."
* Products and packaging may vary from country to country.
The people giving product testimonials on our website or on other Immunotec materials reflect the actual experience of each individual, are anecdotal only, and may be atypical. Immunotec products are not intended to treat, cure, prevent or mitigate any disease.