- Date of Birth:
- March 13, 1983
- Norfolk, Nebraska
- Current Residence:
- Omaha, Nebraska
Morgan Chaffin began racing as a professional triathlete and joined the Snapple Elite Triathlon Team in 2011. Her first triathlon competition was a sprint distance in 2008. In May 2011, she had hip surgery which forced her to miss a portion of her first season as a pro, but she has recovered 100%!
Morgan grew up in Northeast Nebraska playing tennis and golf and was considered overweight until her junior year in high school. Additionally she smoked cigarettes and had the nickname, "Chimney Chaffin". The major lifestyle turning point for her was losing her father and best friend at the young age of 45. He suffered a massive brain hemorrhage and the bleeding was unstoppable. Saying goodbye to him was the hardest thing she had ever experienced. She then turned to exercise and health as a way of coping with his loss. She started walking around a nearby lake and soon that turned into running and from that point on she started to take exercise and living a healthy lifestyle seriously.
After high school Morgan attended the University of Nebraska at Omaha where she received her bachelors and masters in Exercise Science and was a graduate research assistant. In 2008, after graduation she moved to Southern Illinois with her fiancé. During the week, she instructs competitive youth swimming at a local community college. She thoroughly enjoys teaching children the benefits of physical activity and finds it very satisfying to watch them improve their swim technique, speed, and endurance!
In her free time, she loves to travel, spend quality time with her family, friends, and her two high energy dogs, Roadie and Pedal!
- March 24: Great Clermont Triathlon- 2nd overall
- April 7: Texas 70.3 (PR)- 18th pro
- April 28: Omaha Duathlon- 1st overall
- May 19: Kansas 5150- 16th pro (swim cancelled)
- June 9: Kansas 70.3- 9th pro
- June 30: TNT duathlon- 1st overall
- July 21: Omaha Triathlon-1st overall
2012: First full year professional
- Feb 11: Fly with the Eagles 1/2 marathon (1:28) course record (~40% trail)
- March 10: Land Between the Lakes Trail 23K- 1st overall
- April 22: New Orleans 70.3- 12th pro
- April 28: Illinois 1/2 Marathon- 8th PR 1:27
- May 20: Memphis in May- 7th pro
- June 10: Kansas 70.3- 6th pro
- August 5: Omaha Triathlon- 1st overall
- September 3: TRIFEST- 1st overall pro
- September 23: Cozumel 70.3- 10th pro
"I started taking Immunocal Platinum a few weeks before my hip surgery, which was in May 2011. I feel that having the extra high quality protein really prepared my body for surgery and helped me bounce back quickly! I didn't have your typical loss in strength after surgery and in a relatively short amount of time I was able to get back on the bike and into the water. I religiously took my Immunocal Platinum every night before bed and have continued that regimen. I continue to experience great gains in my training and my recovery time from racing and training is significantly lower than it has been previously.
* Products and packaging may vary from country to country.
The people giving product testimonials on our website or on other Immunotec materials reflect the actual experience of each individual, are anecdotal only, and may be atypical. Immunotec products are not intended to treat, cure, prevent or mitigate any disease.